In the meantime my left submandibular gland has lit up on PET routinely, so I met with an ear-nose-throat guy today. We agreed to cut the thing out rather than mess around with a biopsy that would more than likely lead to the same eventuality. No way to know if it is part of my original tumor, something new entirely, or something benign until it's removed. That will happen next couple of weeks. Another outpatient surgery at St. Mary's.
All of the memories of chemotherapy are coming back to me of course. Day two of this three day treatment (18th cycle overall) and my nausea meds seem to be doing a pretty good job. Hardest part so far is fatigue. Also I can't seem to stomach much of anything so choosing sustenance is tough. That said, I know I have relative youth on my side and never forget how easy it is for me compared with the difficulties others face with the same treatment or other treatments. I continue to count myself lucky.
Fundraising for The Wunder Project has been astounding. The response from and enthusiasm of so many people really helps my own personal outlook tremendously. I'm humbled by my army of cancer warriors.
No comments:
Post a Comment