Friday, December 27, 2013

Round 23 Strong

Took Christmas Day off and began infusion Thursday this week. Good news on white cell count - strongly back up after over a month of deficiency. Still need the Neupogen injection which I'll likely begin self-administering at home. My experience from the January surgery and taking Lovenox shots home should be good practice. You think it's like riding a bike?  Anyway, finished the day up with my acupuncturist and a great relaxing treatment of good old fashioned Chinese medicine. I say whatever works - and this seems to help for unpleasant side-effects of the chemo. Missingy family in good old Jersey this time of year but perhaps can see them soon. In the meantime Serena and I continue on a hopeful track to surgery to cut out the damn tumors. Praying the chemo is shrinking them and helping my body on the winning path. Continued many thanks to so many folks for their continued good wishes and support. I'm blessed with an amazing family and friends, treatment professionals, my employer, and sometimes random strangers on the street who offer compassion and listen to the advice of my experience. For now I continue to struggle to maintain the good habits and lifestyle to strengthen my immune system.  More after disconnect on Saturday. 

Thanks. 

2 comments:

  1. Neupogen is subcutaneous (under-the-skin), right? Piece of cake! I've been giving myself B12 injections for years, intramuscular (just a bit deeper), and they're not hard to do yourself, either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. Not worriesnover the subcutaneous. Just has to get into the fatty tissue. Piece of cake - thanks for the confidence.

    ReplyDelete